Monday, September 23, 2013

Hello!
     My name is Julia Miramontes and this is  my first blog! Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a teacher. In my senior year of high school I was presented the opportunity to assistant teach an eighth grade health class in my school. After taking up this opportunity I realized that I was really interested in teaching health and physical education, as well as, how much I enjoy working with kids. So here I am in my second year at Rhode Island College, pursuing my goals of being just that, a health and physical educator.
(The center of the town I live in Newfane Vermont ,http://newfanevt.com/)

      I was born and raised in Southern Vermont, where my family currently still lives. My sister Claire,is my best friend and inspiration. I have no idea where I would be without her today. Since I was in the seventh grade I have worked at a Windham Flowers, a local flower shop owned by a close family friend. Working there has taught me so much and helped me develop my sense of urgency and dedication. I have spent almost every summer there since middle school and being a teacher means I am able to continue this  for who knows how long!
                                                          (My sister and I )

    I have a very unhealthy obsession with my dog Russell. He is a three year old, pure bred shih tzu who I would consider to be my brother. In my eyes everything he does is perfect though that is not the case. Unfortunately because I live in Vermont it isn't very often that I get to see him, which is noticed by the level of excitement both him and I have when we see each other


No comments:

Post a Comment